The death toll of the Southeast Asia earthquake has climbed to more than 3,100 people. In Myanmar, rescue teams are searching the rubble for any signs of the more than 200 people still missing. As recovery efforts continue, a group here in the Twin Cities is doing all it can to help those overseas.
Myanmar was struck by the most devastating earthquake in its history. The disaster reduced much of Mandalay, the country's second-largest city, to rubble.
A U.S. team has yet to arrive in Myanmar after last week’s 7.7-magnitude earthquake, while China has already rescued six people and committed $14 million in humanitarian aid.
Extreme heat and heavy rain in Myanmar could cause disease outbreaks among earthquake survivors camping in the open, global aid bodies warned on Thursday.
21h
GMA Network on MSNPH Army contingent starts search, rescue in earthquake-hit MyanmarThe Philippine Army said Friday its contingent in Myanmar has started participating in the search and rescue mission for individuals in the country devastated by last week's magnitude-7.7 earthquake.In a statement,
The death toll from the massive earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,085 as more bodies were found by search and rescue teams, the military-led government said.